I finally feel settled in Canada. Bonnie has steady work, I have been filling my days with purposeful activities, the kids seem happy in school.
We had dinner at a new friends house last night (thanks Jess and Anthony), and that was something we had been hoping for. The first 3 weeks have been crazy, with broken arms and shifting goal posts around work and a vehicle. But things seem to have stabilised.
I am hopeful that this will be a great year, and that we will really look back on it fondly. No regrets. I need to focus on our 3 core goals: 1: Closer connection to family, 2: Bond with this part of the world, 3: Adventure. Remembering these goals will help me to make good choices about what we do with our time here, and not to just be a miser counting pennies and not spending any time or money.

Comments
Post a Comment