Day 2 in Canada
Today we did a school visit to the kids school (they start attending on Monday), and I was itching to get in the staff room, meet the teachers and start teaching some kids. I guess my inner teacher does not yet know that I am taking the year away from the classroom.
It will be interesting to watch how I deal with not teaching this year. A significant part of my self-labelling is as a 'High School History Teacher,' but now I am an unemployed house husband. Something I (and Bonnie) will have to deal with is a certain level of financial stress. I have no income for the year (we knew this going into this year), but it turns out that Bonnie will need to find employment for a few months. Work at the ranch is slim pickings at the moment, and she needs to find probably 3 days a week of work somewhere. Either in Bragg Creek or maybe being a lollipop lady on the highways. I hope that when I read back over this blog in years to come, that this issue was quickly resolved. At the moment, it is filling my brain box.
It snowed today; and this is the first time that the boys have ever seen that. It is so fun to experience these things again for the first time through their eyes. May I maintain a child like sense of wonder for all my days.
Danny
Comments
Post a Comment